I thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can always come to for all of your passive income needs. I’ll add to it as I learn more, but you’ll notice that in the future I will reference this page quite often. I recommend bookmarking it for your reference and convenience. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
My Most Recommended
If you look at nothing else on this page, these are the five that you should know about. I find myself recommending these resources again and again, in emails and on podcasts. I use them because they make my life easier, and I’m confident you’ll agree too.
Solo Build It
Previously known as Site Build It (SBI), it was rebranded/renamed to Solo Build It (SBI) in January 2017. They have a very useful and powerful Action Guide (AG) that taught me step by step; and a supportive forum.
I’ve been using SBI since 2008, and I’ve been very happy with my SBI-powered physiotherapy site generating 6-figures of revenue attracting clients online.
BlueHost WebHosting for Self-Hosted WordPress Sites
Since 2008, all my WordPress websites are hosted on BlueHost. Why? They make it so easy to get a new site up and running with their one-click automatic WordPress Blog installation. Even NigelChua.com is on Bluehost’s easy-to-use and extremely affordable hosting platform.
You can use your Bluehost account to host multiple domains so there’s no need to pay more for hosting when you’re ready to start another website. Also, they provide outstanding customer service!
I highly recommend using Bluehost for your first website, and you can get started now as low as $2.75/month for the Basic Plan for a single site, but I recommend that you get the medium (Plus) plan, so you can host unlimited sites on it =)
Solo Build It Versus Self Hosted WordPress
If you’re comparing between SBI and WordPress, read my article with my conclusions between these two. I’ve been using both since 2008/2009.
I no longer recommend Wealthy Affiliate as default go-to for myself to learn and build passive income internet businesses; they have very strong support, robust discussion/forums, strong fundamental online business training programs, and best of all, there is a free-for-life basic membership program where you can learn the basics of online business, get 2 free websites and webhosting too.
Yes, one of their strong points is that you can stay as a free basic member for life if you want to, or once you’ve learnt as much as you can from the basic level and want to level up, you can opt to upgrade to be a premium member at $49 per month or $359 per year (the yearly option is much cheaper).
The reason why I changed my mind is because they do not provide a refund if you pre-paid for their yearly membership; instead you have to wait out your membership – I disagree with this approach. Read my sharings on that here.
Product Distribution & Shopping Carts
- E-Junkie: The shopping cart that’s compatible with Paypal Standard, Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, Authorize.net, TrialPay, Clickbank & 2CheckOut. Works like a charm, very low flat price to use. Comes with a decent affiliate program for your products.
- Clickbank: Another digital products retailer. Probably the most popular. Decently priced, but comes with an amazing affiliate program for your products.
- Paypal.com: Paypal is just ok for selling your own products through them, but you’ll need an account anyways to configure with and accept payments from the above shopping carts.
Email Subscriptions & Marketing
- GetResponse is a feature-rich email marketing solution, fully scalable and capable of handling both small and very large lists (1 million+ subscribers). To me, it’s really easy to use and build my list. Good deliverability, good support too. You can sign up for a free 30-day trial GetResponse account here – no credit card required.
Limit Login Attempts (WordPress Plugin): Install this plugin to limit the number of times someone can attempt to login to your WordPress admin panel before getting blocked. This helps to stop those who keep trying to break in by logging into your website with different passwords (and there are tools to help speedup this process).
Books and Reads
I love reading – it’s one of those hobbies that are ridiculously cheap, yet amazingly rewarding. Think about it: Someone spent years organizing their research and crafting it into a compelling narrative – and you get the best of it for ten bucks and a few days of reading!
It would be easy to list out a random list of books, but the ones I’ve listed here meet at least one of the following two criteria:
- The book was practically useful and applicable in my life
- The book had an original, key insight
The books here are listed in no particular order, and I’ll update them as we go along.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich – Ramit Sethi
- Millionaire Teacher – Andrew Hallam
- Outliers – Malcolm Gladwell
- Never Eat Alone – Keith Ferrazzi
- The 4 Hour Work Week – Timothy Ferriss
- The $100 Start Up – Chris Guillebeau
- How to Fail At Almost Everything And Still Win Big – Scott Adams
- The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You – Cal Newport
- Write. Publish. Repeat – Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant
- Predictably Irrational – Dan Ariely
- Decisive: How To Make Better Choices in Life and Work – Chip and Dan Heath
- Happy Money: The Science of Smarter Spending – Elizabeth Dunn and Michael Norton
- Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes and How To Correct Them – Gary Belksy and Thomas Gilovich
- The Little Book of Common Sense Investing – John C. Bogle
- Stocks for the Long Run – Jeremy Siegel
- The Signal and the Noise – Nate Silver
- The Little Prince –
- Antifragile – Nassim Taleb
- Fooled By Randomness – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Tribes: We Need You To Lead Us – Seth Godin
- Purple Cow – Seth Godin
- Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers Into Friends and Friends into Customers – Seth Godin
- Money: Master The Game – Tony Robbins
- Unlimited Power – Tony Robbins
- Personal MBA – Josh Kaufman
As you can tell, I really enjoy reading, and this is just a short list. I have a lot of books that I read and re-read. This list the the “re-readable” books list.
My Passive Income Lifestyle Businesses and Investments
Physical Offline Business
Urbanrehab Pte Ltd – This is where I started, and it is truly one of the closest babies to my heart, and together with my wife, we built it up from ground zero of $65 to a seven figure business. I was a trained clinical occupational therapist before I ventured onto the path of business owner, income investor, and later refined into Passive Income Lifestyler with Passive Income Internet Businesses (PIIB) and Passive Income Investing (PII).
Urbanrehab is a super niche physiotherapy and rehabilitation in the subspeciality of musculoskeletal, orthopedics and sports injuries management and rehabilitation and is based in Singapore at this point in time. I am very proud to be part of this team, as well as the privilege to work with a wonderful team of specialist and senior physiotherapists, occupational therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, Chinese Physicians, sports trainers and deep tissue massage therapists.
Passive Income Internet Businesses (PIIB)
NigelChua.com – this website is dedicated to helping you build and live The Passive Income Lifestyle. It entails learning how-to and building Passive Income Internet Businesses (PIIB) and building a Passive Income Investing (PII) portfolio of stable, defensive, consistent dividend shares.
TherapyBusinessAdvisor.com – with my niche offline experience of building a private physiotherapy and rehab practice from $65 dollars to a 7-figure practice, I help therapists and health service providers learn how to build and live a rich life as a therapist using skills they already have that people are already/willing to pay for. It can be a startup level, or even at a 6 – 7 figure business level and mentorship.
XtendHealthAsia.com – I am an Xtend-Life distributor, which is an all-natural health supplements and skincare products manufacturer based in Christchurch, New Zealand. They’ve been around since 1998, and what I love about their is their dedication (obsession) to details, quality, purity and their health supplements and skincare products are very affordable.
Note: I do have a lot more smaller niche sites that I’m not listing here because I do not want to publicly share them (at least for now).
Passive Income Investing (PII) – refers to my portfolio of investments that I invest for their stability and stable dividends and incomes. My approach to passive income investing is really a research > set it > leave it approach, because I enjoy my Passive Income Internet Businesses (PIIB) more and want to spend more time there, but I understand the power of compounding interests, so I identify investments that are stable and hands off, and invest according to my investment budget. No frills or drama.
All my vested dividends stocks can be found in my monthly passive income reports.