All the successful companies that rank high in the world today, think Dell, Microsoft, Apple – all started in garages. All during the founders free time, after work or over the weekends.
This means that they likely hustled very much in the beginning, trying their best to not waste time and focusing on their side businesses (of course they would have some social life too), and built it up during their free time.
Same for you and me.
We have the same 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year: what we do with our time will determine our future, rich or poor, stable or not.
We have no one else to blame but ourselves (unless something that is totally out of your control happens to you), and in the same vein, it also means that you likely have total control of your future.
So let's focus on starting and growing a profitable online business, even if you're currently employed. In fact, I highly recommend doing this because:
- It's super low cost. You can literally sign up for the free membership that don’t even need a credit card too and learn all you need to learn to build your online business, and when you're ready, you can shell out $359 per year or $49/month for access to more premium materials.This is so affordable compared to starting a physical business or even getting involved with MLM (yuck, read my disdain for MLM here). Physical businesses will need upwards of 5 figures to start, and most MLM has starter fees and monthly product purchases in the realm of hundreds per month (yet suck big time).
- You have a global audience: physical businesses and MLMs tend to be very local, ie your customers are the people who live in the same town as you, and that's it. Online business? The world is your oyster: you may have clients from US, UK, Singapore, Asia – doesn't really matter.
- You are protecting your cashflow with multiple streams of income: being an employee usually means that you work 40 – 50+ hours per week for ONE paycheck, which usually is 100% of your income. If you lose this job, you literally have ZERO income next month.With a profitable online business, you will more common than not, have multiple customers with multiple streams of income, and you will no longer (or ever) have to dread the awful conversations with your boss that starts with “We have to talk. The company is downsizing and…”
- You are protecting your future: imagine your online business is bringing you streams of passive online business today, say you make a modest $500 – $1000 a month. Ask yourself what happens if you scale it up to 2x? 5x? 10? (Compared to the measly 2-4% annual increments)What would you do with that? You can build it up much bigger AND keep your job (don't have to drop either), but you HAVE the option to fire your boss/company if you so desire, to focus on your online business, to take a sabbatical, whatever.
- You get to learn a new skill that not only challenges you and helps you grow, but protects you for the future (see points 3 and 4 above): your online business is yours. No one else can take it away from you. And if it's profitable, and if you can build it once, you can build it again. It's a life skill that will help you for life.
What are you waiting for?
What about yourself?
If you’re a student, stay at home mum (SAHM), working full time or part time, or retired: you must build an online business on the side. Please don’t quit your job yet, build it on the side until it’s profitable enough to replace your salary, then you have more options.
It’s not a luxury but truly a necessity for your future.
I’ve built multiple businesses (and lost multiple too) and I can tell you frankly that building a business on the internet is the cheapest/most cost-effective way to business. There are thousands of people who do so sharing on topics that they’re passionate about (like how NigelChua.com shares on passive income and online business, which is my passion…for years now).
I know I am making some money online (see my income reports), and I know my financial future is getting better and better. But it is not easy, and takes a lot of time to learn and apply but I am building my passive income internet businesses that will work for me day in, day out; serving readers and customers profitably and delivering value 24/7.
To learn how I to make money online, join my mailing list and visit my resources page to see all the tools I use actively to build money making online businesses.